Question 5. Degree correlation

 Which of the following statements are true about degree correlations:

I. The tendency for nodes to connect to other nodes with similar properties within a network is a characteristic of an assortative network.

II. When we a degree correlation analyse, we can find networks with correlation exponent (μ) and Pearson correlation coefficient (r) with opposite sign.

III. For directed networks, positive degree correlation means nodes with high in-degree tend to have high out-degree.

IV. The point where the degree distribution decays rapidly is considered structural cutoffs in a network.

Select the alternative that lists the correct statements:

  1. I, II, III and IV are correct.
  2. I, II and IV are correct.
  3. II, III, and IV are correct.
  4. I and III are correct.
  5. None of the above.

Original idea by: Germán Darío Buitrago Salazar

 

Comentários

  1. Interesting question. I am worried about the word 'properties' in (I). I think I would have preferred the word 'degrees' in its place, assuming you want it to be true. The others are false, I think. So, the answer to this question would be E, right?

    ResponderExcluir

Postar um comentário

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Question 2. Random Networks

Question 1